Basic Life Support / CPR Training
- A Practical, ‘Hands On’ IN PRACTICE Session – Using A Defibrillator, Manikin & Resuscitation Equipment.
- Courses will be sessions of 3 hours and therefore a 3 hour CPD certificate will be issued.
- Sessions are limited to 12 people - This is the legal maximum number per session with one trainer.
- (If you have more than 12 people in your practice we can run 2 sessions back to back if required)
- Included in the price of the session is a follow up six month 1 hour recap session. This will consist of a recap worksheet. If completed satisfactorily, a further 1 hour CPD certificate will be issued. This will demonstrate to patients and governing organisations that practices and their staff identify with the importance of updating their skills.
- We have recently run this session at Bournemouth Hospital. (Sonia Jones - Trainer). 10 people attended and the evaluation/feedback sheets totalled 100% positive in every one of the evaluation questions.
We are now offering 'IN HOUSE/PRACTICE' Basic Life Support/CPR training.
This subject is a CPD requirement Core GDC & a yearly up- date requirement. Suitable for dentists, therapists, hygienists, dental nurse’s, students, managers and receptionist’s.
The training can be used as part of your practice evidence to demonstrate compliance with some of the areas in the following CQC outcomes 4, 6, 9, 12, 13, 14
The aim of the session is to give delegates the confidence and competency to deliver CPR/BLS, to a casualty in any environment, obviously including the dental practice, using the equipment available to them at that time.
Cost per 3 hour session – £395. (Up to 12 participants and follow up 1 hour CPD included).
Please contact – Julie Brown – 07793 908369 or Julie@focusandprogress.co.uk To secure a booking
Please session programme below:
A Practical, 'HANDS ON, IN PRACTICE', Basic Life Support Session – Using A Defibrillator, Manikin & Resuscitation Equipment.
Trainer - Sonia Jones
To demonstrate and assist delegates to deliver CPR to a manikin to maintain BLS and use the resuscitation equipment correctly.
- Demonstrate cardiac massage and rescue breaths on a manikin
- Show confidence and competence in ‘practically’ managing a medical emergency
- Use emergency equipment in an effective way to help sustain life
- Answer questions & show knowledge about medical emergencies likely to happen in the dental surgery
- >Basic Life Support - Demonstrations and practical opportunities
- Defibrillator- Demonstrations and practical opportunities
- Resuscitation equipment - Demonstrations and practical opportunities
- Practical work using manikin
- Different situations and environments – Scenarios
- Q & A and Debrief.
- Follow up 6 month recap worksheet and further 1 hour CPD certificate (If completed satisfactorily).
Sonia Jones - RDH CFET - Dental Hygienist - Torquay & Bristol. Dental Nurse/DCP tutor, NEBDN examiner and national CPD lecturer, trainer. Sonia is NCFE trained to deliver BLS & AED training and has the AED trainer level 3 Award. Qualification updated 3 yearly with Abertay Training. Trainer number -. AED trainer no 101291521